I want to say a few things about the Dutch. I do not judge. I merely give you the facts.
- First of all, they have fantastic accents when they speak English-- much closer to the Swedish Chef accent than anything actual Swedes can produce.
- Plus, they are tricky. How tricky? They are from the Netherlands, they are from Holland, and they are Dutch. It's like the revolving license plate in Goldfinger.
- Also-- not to apologize for their oppressive colonial history-- but they were absolutely fucking meticulous when it came to record-keeping in their colonies. Wanna know how many millimeters of rain fell in Jogjakarta on November 6, 1874? Ask the Dutch.
- Penultimately, they play baseball. Rikkert Faneyte is a national hero. I once met a guy in Chiapas who had played in the Dutch major leagues. Or so he claimed.
- Finally, they wiped out the dodo. Mason & Dixon has a nice little section on that incident.
That is all for today.