Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Damn you, Blogger

  • George Clooney has tried repeatedly to shut down Corn Chips & Pie, but I soldier on: I saw Morgan Spurlock, the evil Goth wizard from Super Size Me, stuffing his fat face with Brazilian meat at Carne Vale on Avenue B. Since Spurlock made himself a celebrity by eating, I felt like I was watching Elton Brand shoot hoops in his backyard, or Shane McGowan singing in the shower, or Jenna Jameson taking it up the poopchute on her own time. All-you-can-eat ribeye steak is a big step up from pubic hairs in McSalad; the guy has done well for himself.
  • Thanks, thanks, thanks to Dana from #1 Hit Song for this clip of David Lee Roth performing a bluegrass version of "Jump." I love his goofy grin. Hell, I just love him.
  • But he hasn't gone through the shoeboxes in the basement yet: "I'm really proud to say that in the recorded history of our family, we've never had a divorce or any kind of homosexual relationship."-- Senator James Inhofe (R-Oklahoma)
  • I heart Jason Schmidt.
  • I first heard of this oddly underreported story from PY, who marveled at the fact that the police in Sao Paolo had to actually broker a deal with a gang kingpin who is in prison in order to stop street violence against the Sao Paolo police. 31 police officers have been killed so far, and the city only now appears to be returning to a semblance of normalcy. I hereby retract my well-publicized remark that "favelas are for pussies."