Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Kevin Drum on Katrina

This is an excellent, well-reasoned piece on Bush's culpability.

This is obviously not going to be a political blog; I have neither the aptitude for insightful commentary nor sufficient interest to stay abreast of issues. Nonetheless, I'm incoherent with anger and frustration over how things have unfolded with Katrina-- and how the administration is now moving to spin things. I'm not really the sputtering type. Doesn't become me.

So, because I need a sputter-release valve that doesn't involve saliva, I'll occasionally point the way to interesting articles & tidbits related to what I dearly hope is a turning point for the public's relationship with the Bush administration. Search the web: you'll find countless examples of conservatives publicly criticizing federal planning and response. Of course, now that Rove is leading the counterattack, many are starting to eat crow. If nothing else, this administration plays a great game of Whack-A-Mole. But regardless of your ideological predispositions, it's difficult to the point of impossibility to reasonably defend the administration here. If you're among the 44% who feel that Bush did a reasonable job in response to Katrina, I... I just don't know what to say. I hope you rock the Special Olympics next year.